Atok Journal 10 - Where am I going?

I have been exploring every nook and cranny of the art of Cardano. The worlds within worlds of Enthereos was a soothing acquisition to my collection, but having NFT's I had to hold to realize ROI was starting to make buying new things difficult.

First of all, I was holding OGBears while they built minigames and a metaverse. I was holding Tigers while they made a metaverse. I had Lions and Lionesses while they built a family, a staking operation, and a metaverse. I kept Vudu's while they created a marketing strategy and probably a metaverse. 

The rage was all about Pavia at this point, but I was told in the purchase warning that I wouldn't be able to use it in the US. I found a few other "plots of land" places that I could though, now I just needed to settle on the best ones for me. First, I saw Artifct Moon.

Someone had collected Nasa quality images of the whole moon, subdivided them into plots, and made each an NFT. This moon plot would be bigger than all of Pavia. The mint of the moon was beyond my ADA, but I felt I could get one from the secondary market eventually.

I had 8 OGBears and their salmon platters; surely, I only needed one or two of them for that metaverse. I put 6 of them on the market. I took the ADA from the sale and tried to buy a moon plot.

One after another, waiting 24 hours between purchases, I kept getting screwed by sellers. The hype about the moon plot project was growing, and the prices they listed were no longer being honored. The prices kept rising. They were going to be out of reach soon. FOMO was kicking in again.

I lowered the prices of my Bears, hoping to make some ADA fast. I put them on a smart contract so there would be no waiting for my buyers. I didn't have to lift a finger. It was automatic. I tried not to think about losing bears. Emotions were going to get in the way of selling things, I could tell. I didn't expect all 6 Bears to sell, but they did. Finally, I had some ADA to reinvest in more projects, and I still had Bears for entering their metaverse. I kept my Tiger and cub, and I kept my partnered lions in case the February airdrop made cubs. Should I get a second moon? One to keep and one to sell? Best to do it now before the floor rose any higher.

It would be required to have a moon plot to buy a Mars plot on the next whitelist. I also read that ARTFCT would open an exchange that would stop that 24-hour wait during transactions; it might also replace my 8-day hostage-taking of my USD in Coinbase. I was investing in things that would benefit more of my experience in Cardano, and that felt positive.

I had better have more than one land option; the future was metaverse. That suggestion from my young man who introduced me to the NFT world was rugged. Good thing I didn't buy that. Rugged meant the project owners took the money and never got the project off the ground. There would be zero value to those purchases. This was getting more common every day. It was like the wild west during the expansion of the United States. New Territory, no sheriffs, highwaymen robbing stagecoaches. 

Buyer beware, Do Your Own Research (DYOR). Became everyday commentary. Along with WAGMI (We all gonna make it) and LFG (Let's fucking Go). Where did they want to go, and where would everyone make it? The Moon. It was called "going to the moon" when your randomly chosen NFT "went viral," and people started buying it like Rocks, SpaceBudz, ClayNation. Obviously, nothing I had bought had gone to the moon yet, but maybe I would.


For my second land option, I saw the most adorable little project. It was this handmade plot with a small cottage and some cherry trees. 

Who is that reading in the dawn? None other than Charles Hoskinson, founder of Cardano. 

I think this would be a very nice little house to enjoy in the metaverse. It was 70 ADA. I bought it quickly. Then I read the white paper. 

You're supposed to do it the other way around. I  had missed the mint, so the only properties available were on the marketplace. I didn't want to wait too long to invest.


Then I noticed four times of day and other types of trees. Some plots had no figurines, some had Charles and others had red guys that reminded people of the killers from a Netflix series called Squidgame. It was currently a popular show.

They would have to be careful to avoid any infringements, but people were paying thousands for the plots with three or four squid guys on it with machine guns. I grabbed a squid property that was still cheap.

My squid guy was dragging poor Charles by his legs into the cottage. The ax that was wedged into the tree stump earlier was also missing. Oh no, this might be murder!


We are at noon now. The squid guy is outside the cottage holding the ax. Where was Charles? Had he been dismembered inside? 

I didn't see any blood on the ax. Maybe Charles had been knocked unconscious by the ax, and the squid had second thoughts about actually murdering him.

I call this piece "Reflection." There was another time in the Cardano Village plot sites, a nighttime one.


They had all the moon phases, but all the full moon ones were already selling for 500+ ADA. I honestly didn't have that much, but I wanted a complete set of the time zones.

I spent a week trying to afford any moon at all. I knew that whatever plot I could buy would decide what actually happened to my Charles. 

I was wondering and trying to guess all the different outcomes. I felt like I was reading a mystery novel that would tell me the conclusion on the next page. 

Then I saw it. A moon with a Charles! He was alive! The ax was returned to the stump. He was stretching? Exercising? What had happened to the squid guy? It was 170 ADA, and that was a steal.

Now that I had all four seasons, at least one squid, one Charles, and one complete story, I was calmer. I would probably want to get some different trees and a house with nobody living in it already, but I had many more NFT's to acquire. I didn't want to get too deep into any one project anymore. Next week my Coinbase would release more ADA. Just in time to mint some projects I had found after thinking about those paper cherry trees. Paperhands Club and Paperbox Era.

Next: Paper or Paperhands



Comments