Vincent and Camille

 


Vincent was so beautiful and so quiet. I found him gathering some art supplies, and it startled him that I spoke his name. "I'm going to church, ma'am," he said as he continued to toss supplies in a duffel bag. He then folded up an easel and chair combo I had never seen before. It was so very dark in the house.

"That's ok," I said quietly, "I'm just coming over at Pippa's request." He nodded but didn't stop. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, he had already bounded down the stairs.

"You can follow." He was out the door and down the path faster than I could register he had left the room. The door to the outside was wide open, and now the sunlight stung,

It was bright, and I winced again, recalibrating my vision. Vincent goes to church in an olive grove. Not too far down the path, he sets aside his paints, assembles his chair/easel, and heads to the rock table. On the slate, he arranges his altar. In the center is a bowl filled with this elaborate herb I had never seen before: 


He methodically processed the product and inhaled it from his bong. He ascended into his headspace and went over to paint. Please consider listening to this song as you enjoy watching Vincent paint.


As a painter, he is sublime. As a young man, he is talented. I was sure he belonged with me as a Vudu.

We weren't alone in the glade. I saw another Vudu gathering plants by the water. Her name is Camille.

Camille is full of love and wonder. She wears a shirt which is covered with Ginko Biloba. Also, an herbalist, she wisely gathers plants from the glade to use in cooking or healing others., She brings the herbs to the baguette shop so that Chicken Man and Billie can add them to their bread. 

I spoke with Camille down by the water and learned that she has a crush on Vincent. They've both been coming here for weeks.

I suspect in a few months they will bond enough to announce that there may soon be a wedding at this church.


Comments